Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help For Form Letter Type of Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacintoshF16

Technical User
Aug 27, 2003
US
Does Anybody Help me..
I want put the Element of Catalog of Folder in the Report as calculated data item in Form letter type of report.

To : Employee
Date : System Date

For eg. Please Transfer $ 67,009.40 to this A/c Number.
In this example i would like to get the Employee data from the Catalog folder element.

And in the place of $ 67,009.40 , i would like to get caluculated data item from Database. and in place of
A/c Number , i would like to get the data from Catalog(folder Column)

Like this...i have a letter Templet.. i would like to put the catalog folder in the report

Thanks
Macintosh

Try creating a report with a form frame. This will allow you to create the free format report. The fixed kind of a text will have to be inserted using a text frame option e.g. the text 'To:' and 'Date:'

If this report is to be run for one employee at a time, provide a prompt for getting the employee code or name. system date can be brought into the report using the Now() function.

Then create a text frame for 'Please transfer' and drop in the report wherever you want. To the right side of this frame, drop the amount using 'insert data option' and associate it with the employee code. Once you get this amount, create a text frame on the right side of this amount as 'to A/c Number' and to the right side of this text frame insert the account number from the catalog (associated with employee)

Hope this helps

Vivek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back