Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help finding security detection person 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmillo

Technical User
Apr 24, 2006
US
Greetings,

I am looking to find someone that can check our system for potential security threats. I run a small network of 3 computers and would like to talk to someone about this. Your help would be appreciated.

There are a number of companies out there that can "attack" your network for you and provide a assessment of what needs to be fixed. I don't know any off hand, but a Google search should turn some up.

Thanks Sambones,

I appreciate your info. Will try it. What is your specialty?

I've been in IT for so long I don't have a specialty. I do a little bit of everything.

I don't work with them directly, but we hire outside companies to hack our systems from the Internet several times per year. We seem to use a different company each time. One we've used before (that I remember) is DYAD Security Inc. (

Thanks Sambones for all your help.

Macaffe used to have a free automated attack as part of their managed service. I used it once or twice and it was slightly helpful...

Thanks AlexIT I will investigate with Macafee to see what they have.

I just recently visited with BizCo which is another company that looks at what you are looking at:

"You will recieve a comprehensive report which will become the foundation of your IT roadmap. This invaluable tool includes the findings of the assessment, diagrams of your configuration and recommendations to correct potential problems. The information in the bound report will help you run your business in the most cost-efficient manner while helping you evaluate your business' future and IT strategy. With the optional Bizco Network Support Agreement, a copy of this report will also remain at Bizco in our technical services department for quick access by our technicians if you need remote assistance."

See more here:

Best regards.

Erik

Thank you ErikHertzel for recomending bizco. They seem like they would be able to help me. I really appreciate all the help I have recieved Tech-tips. I will check with them and let you know.

@jmillo,

You now have a wealth of possibilities to choose from, concerning your Security Thread investigation project.
Be sure to contact at least 5 companies for a RFI/RFP session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back