Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help finding IRQ BIOS in WIndows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equim

Technical User
Sep 9, 2007
US
I have installed a new USB hardware into my Windows 98. Well I need to assign the IRQ's using the discs BIOS. Normally it would be found under System> Hardware Profiles. I don't see it there though. Does anyone know another way to get there. I appreciate it!

What is a USB hardware?

Do you mean a USB controller card? If so, what model and have you installed the drivers for it?

Matt

Please always take the time to backup important data and verify that backup, before making any changes suggested.

Only place I know of adjusting irqs is in the bios itself. Why are you trying to do it from windows?

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

You can adjust IRQs in Windows under certain circumstances. Try going to Control Panel, System, Device Manager, and double-click "Computer". This will list the IRQs allocated. Now go back and see if your device is listed below "Computer", highlight it, click Properties and see it offers a Resources tab which may or may not allow you to change settings.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back