Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help finding DLL on SAP website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobillborf

Programmer
Feb 13, 2001
US
Hi, currently using version 9 connected to a microsoft SQL database.

We need to down load the following DLL - u2ldtdif.dll it is part of the file UFLDTDIF.exe

This file installs a function DateTimeDiff (x,y).
The file adds the ability to calculate the difference between to date/time fields, and return is as "xxdays xx hours xx minutes xx seconds"

Thanks

PLease help

JOBILLBORF

Hi,
maybe some of this thread will help...

thread767-627116

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thanks for the reply. I still need help from someone who knows where on the SAP website I could download the DLL we Need.

Thanks
jobillborf

Hi,
There is this disciussion from SAP's forums:
The error refers a dll file "u2ldtdif.dll" to be missing, which implements the Date_Diff() function.
Just check whether the dll file exists in the system from where you are running the report.

yes - confirmed the dll is missing. Can anyone advise how to replace it (is it part of a service pack / patch - I dont want to start copying dlls without know what I'm doing...)?
;¬)

Aditya Joshi
Hi Andrew,

When you install the Service Pack the missing dll will get installed.
You can get the latest Service Packs at --> Software Download--> Business Objects Downloads.
If you can not access this check out the service pack for the Crystal Report Server at the link below.

Hope this is helpful

Regards,
Aditya Joshi

[profile]

Thanks for your help.

I tried to find the DLL to download and could not find it. Please help me find the exact location to download the datetimediff DLL.
thanks

JOBILLBORF

Hi,
You can probably only get it in the service packs not by itself.

[profile]

You could, of course, just use the datediff() function, using seconds, and then convert the results to a string using faq767-3543 as a guide.

-LB

Thank you for your response. We have another question? how do we calculate the average time for the number of records and show the results in the same format of days, hours, min and seconds.

Thanks

Jobillborf

Use the faq formula, and set the variable "dur" in the conversion formula to the average of the datediff in seconds:

numbervar dur := average({@diff});

Add a group condition to the average, if at the group level:

numbervar dur := average({@diff},{table.groupfield});

In other words, do the calculation on the seconds before converting to a string.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back