Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help: Error after moving Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2003
US
I moved some mailboxes last night from our Pittsburgh Exchange Cluster to our new Denver Exchange Cluster. I moved about 10 mailboxes last night and were successful and their AD account was displaying the correct Exchange server after the move.

A few users that were moved last night are able to open Outlook but when they click on folders outside of their inbox, Outlook crashes.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks

As this is not an Exchange issue but pure Outlook, remove and recreate the Outlook profile, that usually solves it.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Remove & Recreate Outlook profile....still can only access the inbox and nothing else.

Are you sure that user has full rights to the 'new' mailbox?

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
[/sub]

Event Viewer:

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, stamp 411096b4, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000eddc.

Since this is not an Exchange issue, re-install Outlook if needed, test that user from another PC, and so on.

Marc
[/sub]

this is an exchange issue...have tested the user on my machine...etc
I rebooted the new exchange cluster where I moved the mailboxes to....I believe that it resolved the issue but waiting for the user to get off the phone to confirm.

Logical deduction: If a user can connect from one PC but not another, then it is NOT an Exchange issue since it is PC related.
If it where an Exchange issue, the user would not have acces from anywhere.
it just 'looks' that way, when a reboot 'fixes' it, but all that probably happened is the Outlook remembering the wrong paths or so.

Marc
[/sub]

so why when I created a new profile on a completely different machine I get the same outcome if I was on the user's machine?

I think I misread your previous post. I understood from it you could acces the mailbox from your machine. I guess you meant that also did not work, in wich case, disregard my previous remark! [hammer]

Marc
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back