Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help enlarging sys volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jce001

MIS
Jun 6, 2001
US
Our MIS manager has left, and he was the only one that new anything about Novell. I am geting hundreds of alerts each week saying that sys is almost out of disk space. I keep clearing the backup exec catalogs, and the Norton AV logs. The volume is only 400MB, and I need to enlarge it. What is the best way for a non Novell guy to pull this off. Thanks in advance.

At the console, type load install, go to volume options and see if there is any space available that is not all ready assigned to a volume. If so, you can add it to the sys volume (hit the F1 key while the extra space is highlighted and it will tell you how). If there is no space avail, you will need to add more disk space ie hardware.

Good luck

Don't forget 4.11 only gives you 7 opportunities to increase the size of your volumes...so..do this wisely...else you a product called servermagic..though it doesn't always work 100%...

You can add another hard drive and use that as extra free space to increase volume size..but remember the above....

Look up "volumes and segments" on novell's website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back