Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEed help connecting a Fibre Attached Storage device

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwheeler

Programmer
May 20, 2008
US
Hello everyone and thanks in advance.

I'm a complete newb to netware. I managed to fumble through a server installation and get it up and then get a client connected to the server. So now I need to mount a 1.4TB storage device on the netware server.

I know how to do it in MS, solaris, linux. I have no clue how to do pretty much anything in netware.

The jist of it is, I need to setup a test enviroment to mimic a customer that is backing a netware server up using networker, and I need test data to back up. I have a quantum infortrend (I think thats what it is called) that connects through fibre.

I have it all hooked up to the netware server, but I don't know how to actually mount the storage up so that the netware server can read it.

Then I have to figure out how to get networker client on netware to talk to my networker server on windows. But thats a whole other post.

Thanks again for any help that anyone can provide.

If it is new volume, I mean 1.4TB is new disk assigned to Netware server you can
load nssmu on your netware server
then create pool
then create volume
mount <volumeName>

Or you can run iManager on the netware server to manage this
if you have iManager installed, you can launch imanager page through:
or Ip>/nps/iManager

Jacky Zhang
CNE,MCSE

Before NSSMU will see the disk space, you need to load the driver for the Fiber Channel card. Whatever card you have, it should have a NetWare driver. That needs to be loaded in c:\nwserver\startup.ncf. You can edit/view this file from the server console by typing EDIT C:\NWSERVER\STARTUP.NCF.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back