Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

**NEED HELP! can't acess to programam anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMOK

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2003
US
We have a Mitel SX200 phone system and recently repaired the VM system. When we tried to go in and program it to connect to the VM lines we relized that we are unable to access the applications menu. The main console will not allow to access the applications. I am not all that secure with the phone guys skills cause he always wants to "reinstall everything" and "reprogram." He says he has tried to connect through the RS-232 cable with a laptop, have restarted the entire system and still no luck. Its as if the system has locked us out. Can anyone help us. We are in dire need of a professional opinion.

What kind of Voicemail is it? That'll go along way in getting help here!

I found wha the problem was, he was resetting the wrong system. Once the Mitel was reset, we were able to access all options. HOWEVER we have a new problem now! When a guest checks in our PMS (Nova) notifies the Mitel and VoiceMail (Active Voice Replay Plus) to open the mailbox for that room. The mailbox is not opened and when you call and go to voicemail, it says the person has already checked out of that room. I contacted Nova support (PMS) and they said the command is going to the Mitel, but the Mitel is returning a "noopen" reply back.
Everything else is working fine.
I found the set-up on how to access the Mitel remotely, but do not have the username and password; I only have the password to access the system from the main console.

SMOK

see my reply in the other thread about the "noopen" PMS Message

Password for the pbx is the same as from the console, and when you access programming from the console you select a username, enter the same name when you get prompted in a VT100 session.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back