Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help Avoiding email challenge using PB 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

B2BGURU

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2002
US
I have the requirement to send an email order confirmation - every time an order is entered in my PB application. I setup the app with the MAPI examples and after testing.... the emails are being delivered fine with 1 exception. On every email outbound - the user is being challanged for an OK - telling them an application is trying to utilize outlook express to send an email.

I need this process to be seamless and non intrusive to the user.

Is there anyway to have the emails go outbound unchallenged?
Is there a security setting that I'm missing?
Is there a different utility package outside of PB that would work better.
Am I trying to tackle this project the wrong way?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a security setting (which one I don't know).

If you use MS SQL Server you could set up sending mail via the database (write your messages to a table and then set up a job or DTS package to monitor it).

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

I know, I have MS SQLServer in my back pocket as a final solution. However, right now the client is using an Access DB. Still exploring ways to accomlish this without adding too much cost and migration to the clients bill.

It would be a cinch in Java. You could drop files into a directory and get a piece of Java code to do the email.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back