Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help asap if posibile till monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scion515

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2006
US
Hey guys got a problem that i can not solve and with hope of your help i could resolve it till monday if posibile.

Ok to explain what i want to do:

I got edge-device that is on network for streaming video and also for puts out multicast, i got that all configured , now my plan is to get two vlans together to talk to that device.

I am not that good at cisco but i know some right. If i do switchport access vlan x it works for 1 stream side now if i do other vlan i do get it to work.

Now my question to you is how can i have only 2 vlans on that preticular port to talk to that device.

edge devices are in mac-table vlan x gigport 55/55 and let say mac-table vlan 10 gigport 55/55 so when the server lets go of the stream it will shoot to that edge device.

So what do u think i can do ?

i cant do switchport access vlan x,x of caurse wish i could :)

----------------------------------------------

Now other problem that does not bother me that much is that edge device that i am trying to reach is not pingable for some odd reason but i get multicast and quam outputs on it too? i check for subnet and ip and it is correct...

i got other once on same network and i can ping it just fine?

am i missing something ? route?

You need to do multicast routing if you want multicast traffic to pass the current broadcast boundary.

well the thing is i can get the multicast on both vlans but not at the same time. Is it possible to trunk ports even tho is a edge device ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back