Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help adding NIC to Open Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimAtQSI

MIS
May 10, 2000
US
I am trying to add NFS to a unix server so that I can transfer files from the Unix server to an NT server. The NT server has several workstations connected via a hub. The Unix server has dumb terminals connected via a serial multi-port board. There is already a PCI network card in the server but it appears to not be configured. <br>I have gone into netconfig. I can go into 'Add new LAN adapter' but not 'Remove LAN adapters', so that is why I say that I think the existing network card is not configured. The netconfig program lists RTL 8029 ethernet Adapter Driver as the only available LAN adapter, but when I select that choice I get the message<br>&quot;Error: No protocol stacks available on the system are supported on this device&quot;<br>I have switched out the LAN card for another PCI card (ReadyLink RL100) and even for an ISA LAN card (Microdyne NE2500). In all cases, and even with NO LAN card installed, netconfig behaves the same way, even listing the same RTL 8029 Ethernet Adaptor Driver.<br>Any advice?<br>

Are you running 5.0.2, 5.0.4, 5.0.5 <br><br>Issue the following command<br><br>uname -X<br><br>This give you your version number<br><br>

It sounds like he may have the Host edition, not the Enterprise edition. The Host edition does not include TCP and related drivers.

The uname -x tells me I've got release 3.2 v 5.0.2.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back