Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Foxpro conversion program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaver

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
I am looking for a Foxpro conversion program that will convert information from Foxpro to Access or a time and billing program.

John Koziol recently posted two new utilities on the UT ( DBC2MDB and MDB2DBC.

"The first app migrates a VFP database, it's tables, and it's data to a new or existing Access database; the second migrates an Access database, it's tables, and it's data to a new or existing VFP database.

So far, only table structures and user data are supported.

These two apps will be eventually combined into a much more comprehensive and robust migration utility to move data and structures back and forth to and from VFP and Access, so I'd like to see as much commentary as possible on how these initial two apps work.

Thanks!

John
------------------------------------------------
John Koziol, MCSD, MVP 1999-2001
Managing Partner, eSolutions Services, LLC"

Just import the data from FoxPro into an Access table.

From Access, using an open database, click on File, Get External Data and Import. The import wizard comes up and then you follow the prompts.

Mike Wood
mikewood@mpwonline.com

Going along with Mike, I do a lot of imports. It works fine.

I also have much more control over what I am doing.

Just another angle. FoxPro is ODBC compliant. Load the ODBC drivers and access the FoxPro tables from Access and copy the infor you need to a Access table. David W. Grewe
Dave@internationalbid.com
ICQ VFP ActiveList #46145644

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back