Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need fact sheet for Meridian 1 to Succession Apps compatibilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPederman

Vendor
Mar 2, 2004
US
I am looking to upgrade from Meridian 1 25.40b 81c to Succession 3.0. I have all the toys (Miran,MICB,MIPCD,OTM,ITG,Call Pilot,Symposium,SwitchView,Call Pilot Reporter etc). I have to find out if I need to upgrade any of the Apps. Is there a simple chart anyone has run across that would be a quick reference. I have access to the nortel web site if anyone has a link. I have been looking bit it is like a needle in a hay stack. Thanks for the help.

Miran -> No
MICB -> No
MIPCD -> No
OTM -> Yes, you need 2.1 to suuport the new memonics and media cards.
ITG -> Must be IP lin 3.1. ITG cards now become Media Gatways for both trunk and phones
Call Pilot -> No
Symposium ->yes, depending of current version. 4.5 is OK
SwitchView ->Maybe, check with SwitchView or Avotus
Call Pilot Reporter-> no

Jerry

Thanks for the info Jerry. Is that info documented somewhere, because I have to create a report refering to the documentation that I used to find my answers. This is just in-case I have a problem and something doesn't work after the upgrade. CYA ya know.Thanks again.

Hi Jhonm

can you send me a copy too? spydummy@yahoo.com.sg

Do you know of any issues when upgradding to Successsion 3 or 4 if the PBX is connected to Octel 250?

Upgraded the Meridian to Succession 3.0 with Octel 250 with not issues. They did not have to do anything on their side. This was for Safeway's Headquarters in Phoenix, AZ. Upgrade was a change to the PII processors and upgrade to the Succssion.

The Succession General Release Bulletin has all compatibility issues listed. A lot of the items state that they will not be supported, but do not specifically state that they will not WORK. It think Call Pilot 1.07 is NOT supported, but I have upgraded to 3.0 and it works like a champ. I did let the customer know that if we ever have to call Nortel for an issue, the first thing they will say is to upgrade to 2.X or higher on the Call Pilot.

Hope this helps..

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back