Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need examples of calling VB.dll from Fortran

Status
Not open for further replies.

LErdman

Programmer
Nov 14, 2003
US
I read the thread about "Calling Visual Basic DLL from Fortran" and tried to duplicate what VB Visitor did and Phi!31's reply but to no success. Does anyone out there have any success cases or examples they can share with me. Also has anyone had any success calling a VB.net DLL from Fortran?

Thanks,
LErdman

Hi,
It is not necessary to use COM to call external DLLs from fortran code. I have some experience and I have already used fortran code that called Delphi functions so I suppose that calling VB DLLs is not very different. You need to take care about the naming conventions used in both codes but when using the same there is no reason that this would not work (I have no experience on VB.net DLLs but I think that they are not so different from standard DLLs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back