Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need emulation or program app to replace procomm plus for windows 10 on my dell laptop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwb4real

Technical User
Oct 17, 2015
US
Procomm plus not compatible with windows 10 need a new emulation to dial in to voice switc
h

This says it is suitable for Windows8 so you might be able to get it going in Windows 10?

Symantec Procomm Plus

There are suggestions in here that might be worth a look too.

Procomm Plus

See also Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\Programs\Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

Have you tried right-clicking on the shortcut to the program, or the .exe, and selecting the "Run As Administrator" option? Do so even if your user is an Admin.

Try right-clicking on the actual Setup.exe and selecting the "Run As Administrator" option? Do so even if your user is an Admin.

I had Procomm plus loaded and working with W7 before upgrading to 10. Now when trying to open it says "procomm plus connection manager has stopped working" I will try to re-download and see what's up.

Thank you Linney.....troubleshooting from control panel actually fixed my Procomm plus issue.....works great now in windows 10! My government contractor will be pleased!

Great advice!!!

What did you do in control panel to solve the problem in Win8 / Win10?

Did you get the telnet option working ?

I was able to get the data terminal working but not telnet?

Haven't used Telnet, I am just using dial up voice switch emulation. Do you need to use the Telnet option to access the CLI in Data switches? In Procomm Plus, you just need to change 'Mode' to access Telnet option........probably after dialing in to a modem. I am not using Procomm Plus over IP for my application.

I'm becoming a big fan of ZOC.
It has a lot of emulators (including Avaya), ssh which procomm does not have and the scripting language (REXX) is very close to ASPECT used by Procomm.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back