Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Door Phone for IPO500v2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eartel

Vendor
Mar 10, 2003
US
We have a IPO500v2 Essential Edition and require 3 door phones for the site. What door phone is compatible with the IPO500v2. Any assistance will be appreciated.

You can go with Analog or SIP.
Algo and Bogen are all compatible.

Analog is easier if you have analog ports on system.

Do you need simple door phones or also a door strike to open the adjacent doors?

Any door phone that uses an analog extension or analog line is compatible and the door strike would be via a door controller the phones run through.

You can setup 3 door phones with 3 door controllers or a single door controller (single port on the IPO and only one at the time can be calling) depending on your needs and how busy it will become.

I recently installed a Algo 3228 Door Phone Kit and it worked great. USB programming of the door phone controller so no touch tones and beeps or dip switches.
It is a single door phone with a single port to the IPO so each door phone has it's own connection.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Thanks Westi for the quick response. I viewed their web site and have placed my order. Thanks again.

Algo units are great. personally, I've found the 3226 (FXO/Trunk port) is more reliable for some reason.

GB

wow thanks eartel for the pink lovin'

Greybeard, I am not sure I ever installed an Algo for trunk ports. Maybe I will give it a try if I can get sales to sell this unit rather than the other one.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

For analogue in the UK look at Interquartz or Kalika

For SIP, Algo has already been mentioned and there is IPO info at Algo & Avaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back