Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need delete ip in a nat !

Status
Not open for further replies.

menny10

Technical User
Jan 23, 2001
MX
hi,
To all, i have a internet conection from a 1600, and my nat is working fine until the bandwidth is getting slow, by the fact of many ip in the connection, i can see it on the telnet with my cisco, i usually type "show ip arp" and more of the half ip's there are making slow my conecction i need to clear or delete that ip that i see by the telnet with the "show ip arp",

Exists an instruction that can give to clear certain direction of the nat for a moment,

thanks.

If you want to deny a certain IP from being translated, then you need to deny that address in the access list that is bound to your nat pool.

ex.

access-list 10 deny host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
access-list 10 permit yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz

x=ip of address you want to exclude
y and z=ip range you want to include

yes whatup,

this line you say, where can i type, i usually have the telnet conection to my 1600, example:
- show ip arp

protocol adress age hardware addr type interfa
INTERNET 10.30.20.X1 59 XXXX.XXXX.XXXX ARPA ETHR 0
INTERNET 10.30.20.X9 25 XXXX.XXXX.XXXX ARPA ETHR 0

In this case i decide to denie acces for ip x1,can i use this
access-list 10 deny host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

and for what time it works?

yes, you would use the first line of the access list to deny the x1 address but you also have to include the second line otherwise you will not NAT anything.This list will permanently deny the x1 address from being NATed.

From a telnet session in priveledge exec, you would enter the command config t, then enter the access list at the prompt

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back