Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Date input mask on Text box

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcoats

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
I have jumped into a project midstream and am having some issues trying to modify this project that I don't think should be problems at all. On this one form I have an input box (class Fhtextbox) DOB that is date formatted with the '/'s pre-entered into the box so that the user only has to enter the numbers and the '/'s stay. I need anothe date input that behaves the same way. I copied the DOB box and The new box does not behave that way. So I looked up all the code for the DOB box and mimicked all of the formatting code and it still does not work. Does anyone know what I need to set to make this work. I have compared all of the properties of the two boxes and they are identical. Any help will be appreciated as I am still new to Foxpro.

BCoats

Hi BCoats,

Just use {} for the value of the textbox.

Regards,

Mike

You probably need to look at the properties, not the code.

The one that works is probably bound to the Control Source variable of the type Date. Than one that doesn't work, most likely, is not bound at all or bound to a Control Source of a different type.

With Control Source of type Date and correct date settings it should work by itself. I don't have to pre-enter slashes or other separators in my Date type text boxes, they will appear by themselves upon initialization.

Mike is right, {} for the initial Value property would do it.

But you still should bind it to a Control Source variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back