Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need consultant for custom Aloha report writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamietallman

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2015
US
We have a pretty urgent need to have a couple of custom Aloha reports written. These needs to be ran from the local POS server, not from Insight. Our dealer has no knowledge of how to do this. We're trying to find another dealer or consultant that has experience with this.

We're looking for 2 or 3 things.

1. A custom daily sales report that is condensed into one page per day that also includes sales by revenue center.
2. A report that summarizes key data from every employee's checkout report. Report would have a line item for each employee and totals for tenders, voids, promos, cash due, tips, etc.
3. Possibly customize the checkout report. I know we can do this ourselves, but I think it would be difficult to do exactly what we're wanting so we may need some help on this. It's a lesser need.

Can anyone direct me to a resource that could assist us?

Hi,

unfortunately, custom reports with Aloha will be extremely hard. It used to work with Crystal reports, but only version 8.5. As a reseller in Europe, we were forced to write our own reporting framework based on SQL express and reporting services. If you are in Europe, we could help you with that.

3 different questions
1. Make a report and check off only what is important, do not use details Sales, Comps, Voids, cash and not cash payments, Sales by Revenue center, and maybe 1 or 2 more. That should end up as 1 report
2. Same as 1 just check off under the report settings all the information you want
3. checkout.cfg is what you want to tweak and there has been plenty posted here on how to write

attached is a cfg file with .txt extension. It it a very detailed report based on job code

AlohaRoss
3rd Party support

AlohaRoss

1. Sales by Rev Center is a different report than the Sales Report. You cannot combine these reports in Aloha so I'm not sure what you're talking about. We can remove items from the Sales Report to make it more condensed but that's still not what we are looking for. We need all that data just in a more condensed manner to fit on one page including Sales by Rev Center.

2. What report are you referring to configure the settings? We're looking for a report that would show each emmployee's cash owed as well as any checks, house charges, gift cards, etc. It would have to be a custom report I would assume.

3. Thank you for the example custom checkout. What I'd really like is a checkout.cfg file that matches exactly what the default checkout does. I can then just tweak that as we don't need to change it much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back