Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Conference Room IP phone. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamsterfish

Technical User
Mar 11, 2005
US
Does anyone know of a IP conference room phone (like Polycom) that is compatible with Nortel VoIP?
I can only find Sip phones.

Thanks.

Nortel has an IP based conference phone (rebranded polycom)
i found a picture in the nortel website and thats all the information i have now

Polycom SoundStation IP 3000 is compatible with Nortel products. We've already installed one on a Succession 4.0 and it's working fine.

I've just asked my collegues and they told me that it was working fine with Meridian 25.40b and Succession 3.0 but you got one-way-speech pass after upgrading to Succession 4.0. (H323 Endpoint)

Wait for Succession 4.5. This SoundStation is fully supported there and will be programmed as i2002.

I would like to know how is the Sound Station programmed now?
Thanks

The only official Nortel supported IP speaker phone that I know of is the I2033. It gets built as a I2001 in LD11. It is a nortel branded Polycom unit. Any other phone would be an H323 or SIP endpoint and I doubt you will get seemless feature use. The I2033 is nice because it has the exact same features (transfer, CID, forward) in the display like any other IP phone.

Hope this helps
Teekow

I have the I2033 phone install but seem to have problems when call a conference bridge. Has anyone experience this problem?

Using i2033 with rls 4.0 you need a patch (MPLR19682) that enables you to set CLS HFA for a i2001 sets.

What other kinds of problems do you have???

each time I use the set to call a confenrence bridge it sounds as if I am underwater and the other parties on the conference bridge hear a irritating sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back