Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Compaq Presario EZ2200 QuickRestore CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTTechGurl

Technical User
Jan 19, 2005
US
Bought an old EZ2200 a couple years ago and the QuickRestore CD's aren't available through Compaq/HP. Googled and eBay'd to no avail. Willing to pay for CD's, I just really need to format this computer ASAP.
Thanks
EJ

I want the quick restore disks, because unfortunately, Compaq does not offer all of the drivers that I need to make all their "pretty" stuff work.

If you need drivers for the devices that were specific to that model and you post what device drivers are needed ie: sound,video etc... then I'm confident someone here can offer some assistance.

HI! I would like to know how you solved the problem IF you did not get the QuickRestore disks. I tried to load Win 98 on a Compaq 2100 and after the first reboot got an error message ... end of loading. That QuickRestore is for the birds. Even on a partitioned drive it formats the WHOLE drive ... nothing can be saved.

I did a restore on mine ONCE. It even formated my slaved drive. Will never do it again. I would fdisk, format then reinstall the OS. You can go to places like drivers.com for any drivers you might need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back