Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need code to pop up a message based on data crieria

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayaman

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
CA
Here is the situation, I have a database of records. One field is a date field containing the date the record was last changed or established.

There is another field of drop down choices.

What I want to do is run a query on the database such that if the date is 120 days past the date entered in the date field, and the value in the other field is "pending" a pop up message will appear. I know how to create the message. It the sql query i do not know how to program.

The table name is "maintable" the date field is "date" & the field which I am looking for pending inside is "status"

This is a club membership database. the purpose of this is to create a pop up alert when the database is opened if it is 120 days past when someone signed up or renewed and said they were going to send a check. People in that position are tagged as "pending". There is already a button to list them, this is just a reminder to go look at it if anyone in there is over 120 days in arrears.

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail paul at natcoa.com

Code:
SELECT * FROM maintable WHERE DATEDIFF(date, GETDATE()) > 120 AND status = 'pending'
not tested.

djj
The Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

I suggest
Code:
IF EXISTS (select 1 from MainTable where [Date] < dateadd(day,-120,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) and Status = 'Pending')
   RAISERROR('Old records with status still Pending!',16,1)

PluralSight Learning Library

OK I think I led everyone astray. by posting in the wrong section. This is a MS Access 2003 database, not a mysql database.

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

It would still be the wrong place if it were a MySQL database. :)

Good news is the problem was solved. Thanks

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back