Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need C Development System for 3.2v4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuttle

Programmer
Mar 18, 2001
GB
I need to reowrk some old C programs on our SCO UNIX 3.2v4.2 Server. Unfortunately, I can't find a copy of the development system anywhere. SCO Support advised me to use GNU's GCC. I found a version compiled for 3.2v4.2 but it doesn't have some of the header files that the source code calls for.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of SCO's development system, or alternatively where I can get hold of the missing files - namely:

#include "sys\buf.h"
#include "sys\cmn_err.h"
#include "sys\devbuf.h"
#include "sys\dma.h"
#include "sys\user.h"
#include <sys\msg.h>
#include <sys\sem.h>
#include <sys\shm.h>

Thanks,

Shuttle.

I'll look in my pile of obsolete stuff. In the meantime, can youtell me whether there is a difference in the one supplied for 3.2v4.0. mail address in signature is valid. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

I'm not too sure I understand the question.

In GCC for 3.2v4.2, the include folder has:

fixed
float.h
limits.h
proto.h
README
stdarg.h
stddef.h
va-alpha.h
va-clipper.h
va-h8300.h
va-i860.h
va-i960.h
va-m88k.h
va-mips.h
va-pa.h
va-pyr.h
varargs.h
va-sparc.h
va-spur.h

the include/sys folder has:

byteorder.h

and the include/objc has:

encoding.h
hash.h
list.h
objc.h
objc-api.h
Object.h
Protocol.h
sarray.h
typedstream.h

Was that the sort of info you were asking?

this was more than I needed. I know I have one version but I think it was supplied with a 3.2v4.0 package. But until I pull it out I can't be sure. And it will be Sunday night before I can get to it.
Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Sorry, the version I have is 4.0 as supplied with 3.2v4.0. I'm not a programmer so I don't know what the differences might be. I wouldn't attempt to mix between versions without knowing the answer. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Thanks for looking. I don't suppose you could see if your 4.0 version has the header files I am looking for could you?

Thanks.

Shuttle,

As far as I know those system related include files should have been installed with the OS, regardless of the presence or absence of the Development System. If you have access to the original OS media you may be able to retrieve/reinstall them somehow.

Annihilannic.

Did you get these files? I have the SCO C Developement stuff on my 3.2v4.2 machine. I use it for all my programming since the 5.0.5 version does not include ISAM stuff.

mail me if you need it: glazner@cs.utk.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back