Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Broadcast message walk through 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich875421

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2006
GB
Hi, I want to use the Broadcast message function in my scripts to save on voice ports. Can someone please advise from start to finish how i do this.

ie. How i create the Broadcast message in application builder, where i then assign it etc etc.

I seem to be leading myself up the garden path reading the manuals and a little knowledge will go along way.

Please help

Regards

Richard

Yes indeed, currently we use 'Give IVR' to play on hold messages but this is inefficient use of ports

Do you have access ports configured already? That would be the first step; once you have those configured, you have to build an application with no blocks on it, just voice segments. The Begin block actually points to the end block, and this is where you would record your voice segments. You then need to associate a script variable in Symposium with each one of the segments.

Once that is done, then you use the GIVE CONTROLLED BROADCAST command in the script.

Ok, I'm with you so far two questions

1. Are access ports different to IVR Ports? Under Global settings I am showing 10 Broadcast Voice ports!

2. How do I associate the voice segment in the variable? what elements are required?

Thanks

Yes, access ports are configured differently than IVR ports. Under the phone sets/voice ports access ports have a channel association number with them that has to match the channel number in the Call Pilot or Meridian mail.

In the variable, you make it a global variable and you enter the file name, then the segment number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back