Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Assistance mounting disks for Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

warmpapi

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2000
US
The generic Oracle installation requires that you create multiple disk mounts for the DBMS to work properly. I have 3 DISKS, disk one has u01 and u04. The second disk I have partitioned and created a newfs and added the mounts onto /etc/vfstab, the third disk has u03 and its the same scenario with u02 (they are added to vfstab and i have done a newfs on the partitions)...When I do a mountall, i get an error that says /u02 and /u03 mountpoints do not exists...

Could anyone help me out.

Thanks

Have you created the mount points on the root slice?

Try and mount the slices individually to the respective mount points, the ones that fail create a new mount point called /test and try to mount to that. You shouldn’t have any problems...make sure the mount points really do exist on the root slice.

StickyBit.

Hi,

First u need to create mount points or directories using mkdir command.
#>mkdir /u02
#>mkdir /u03
And then give the mountall command.

I hope this helps....

Ha Ha...

We finally did figure out that we had to create the directories (create the mount points off of the root slice). Yes, I am a dumba$$...what an oversight.

Anyways, Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back