Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need an HTML editing control 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilfranz

Technical User
Oct 4, 2003
US
Hello friends,

Is there available an HTML editing control which can be incorporated into a VFP form? I thinking of something like the RTFBox control which is shipped with VFP.

TIA

wilfranz

Thanks very much, Mike. It looks like that's what I'm looking for. (However my French is almost non-existent, and I'll have to plow through the documen-tat-si-one.) I have downloaded it, and after I fire it up, I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks again.

BvV

Mike Lewis. I checked out your suggestion and it looks like it would indeed do what I need (and more). But I am retired and the cost is far out of my budget. I was hoping for something like freeware or shareware.

Thanks again.

BillvV

WilFranz,

Tested looked at the Autofox Class in French, very need and easy to use. Have meanwhile translated into English (not so much to be done, only some ToolTips). Maybe McGagnon could contact his friend if it is ok to publish?

Regards,

Koen

>>>Maybe McGagnon could contact his friend if it is ok to publish

Publish where? I guess if some of the credit goes to him, I don't see why not. His name is Frédéric Steczycki, he is a VFP MVP in France.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thanks for all the input, guys.

I haven't been able to translate the French documentation of Frederic's class well enough to get it into use yet.

However I did find Jan's suggestion of the OCX DHTML editor among all the OLE's shipped with VFP8. However I haven't been able to find any help at all with its PME's. Without that I can't put together my own UI controls. Does anyone know where that would be found?

Thanks again.

BillvV

Have you looked at:

MSDN

It should have everything you need there

-Kevin

Thanks very much, Kevin

That is exactly what I need. I had looked all over (so I thought). It also looks like it will be a good resource for other questions as well.

Thanks again. (Big gold star!)

Bill vV

I guess the DHTMLED.OCX is included in Win2K installation (or in IE5 .. installation?).
I have: Win2K, VisualStudio 6, Office 2k. This ActiveX I have found on my PC in:
- Program files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit\DHTMLED.OCX
- WINNT\System32\dllcache\DHTMLED.OCX
and on Win2K_Install_CD: \I386\DHTMLED.OC_

In VFP6 I can see it in Tools/Options/Controls/ActiveX controls: DHTML Edit Control for IE5

HTH

Hello Jan,

Thanks to your previous tip, I had found the DHTMLED.ocx and have started working with it (read: stumbling around with it).

A current question/problem, which maybe anyone can enlighten me on, is how to control the BackGroundColor of the OLE Control. It presents itself with a gray background (looks icky), and there is no BackGroundColor property to set.

Thanks,
BillvV

Thanks for all the info and help, guys.

The bad news is that I encountered several problems with the DHTML control mentioned above, many of which consumed some hours in attempting (unsuccessfuly to unravel).

But the GOOD news is that I am now up and running with a slick HTML ActiveX control which is to be found lurking in a dark corner of the OLE control list. It is called rmpHTML.HTML, and the file is rmpHTML.ocx in the \Windows\System32\ directory. It is shareware and may be used with or without registration (which costs $50). Without registration there is a pesky nag screen.

You simply drop it on a form and it is ready to go, format controls and all.

It has several very slick features: Its own very compact text formatting toolbar which lies unobtrusively across the top of the control; a toggle button for html code view vs. WYSYWYG view; has a Control Source property binding it to a memo field.

Lacks are: no programmatic cursor positioning and text selection -- but soon to be added by january, as I'm told by the developer.

Best to all.

Bill vV

I've been using Xstandard Lite (free) version for about a year and the Pro version for about 3 months. This editor is great. It's the only editor that is standards-compliant. The output of this editor is real XHTML that you can parse using an XML parser. This is a really nice editor! You can tell that these guys know what they are talking about when you read this:

Thanks for your replies, manitoba and foxdbs.

I had seen XStandard previously, and it looks to me like a quite good editor. But what I have been seeking is a textbox control, which is HTML capable, to place on a form as part of a larger application. From what I could see in the explanatory info at XStandard, it is a stand-alone editor.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back