Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need an end of dialing feature code

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrado7

Technical User
Nov 10, 2006
BS
I'm working on a Nortel BCM 400 and I'm trying to program a number route. I have to use two end of dialing commands to access the long distance service the company wishes to use but the BCM will only let me use one pound symbol. Is there a feature code for end-of-dialing that would work instead of a pound/number symbol?

What is the LD company looking for?
What are you trying to acheve.

the long distance service needs you to enter your account number, the pin number followed by the long distance destination number. So i programmed a destination code to 91, absorbing one digit. Im trying to put together the route that it uses at the moment. It should theoretically look something like this:

external dial: 6775555P0000000#0000#

The problem i have is the system won't recognize more than one pound symbol so im trying to find out if there's a feature code i can use as a end-of-dial.

Arn't account codes issued to each person, why not program an external autodial with this info andyou can enter all the #'s and *'s and pauses feature 78 you want.

if you have to iuse a route you would also need to expand the amount of digits under public numbers to accept all of thoes digits.

is there a quick way i could program that on everyone's set without doing it individually. Originally the guy that's heading the installation had done it with an older model and gotten it to work, so i suppose that's why he's so adament about this being the way to go. I looked at how it was done on the other system but won't work on this newer release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back