Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need advise on seting up a remote site to place calls from corp HQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alose

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2008
US
Ok this is my problem:
I have a site where we cant seem to get a stable voice t1. (lots of old wire prone to water issues) However we have 2 private data T1 lines that connect to our corporate office, that are more stable.

Here is what I have:
Both sites have IP Office 406 systems with digital phones that are connected to digital expansion boxes. There is a T1 at the corporate HQ. There is an IP line configured between the 2 sites with 10 channels. For checking voicemail and intersite calls.

What I want to do:
I do not want to use the voice T1 at the remote site. Rather I want to be able to make and recieve calls at the remote site using the voice T1 at the corporate HQ.
(I can move the DID Block for the remote site to the corporate HQ)

Where I need help:
I have no clue if this is possible, or how to do it if it is.

Any help or advise would be greatly apreciated!!
Andy

moving the DID black may be hard depending on where they are. But dialing out over the other end is very easy to set up. change your short codes to point to the IP trunk and add in any dial out code you may have at the other site. your short code would look like

9N
Dial
9N
Line of IP Trunk
or 91N
Dial
91N
Ip trunk

Thank you for that!

But it still leaves me with a few questions:

Ok, Assuming that I am able to move the DID, or just get some new DID's added to the Corporate HQ.

How do I manage incoming calls to the corporate HQ that need to go to the remote site based on those DID's?
Also how can I control the caller id for those outgoing calls over the IP trunk?

The incoming calls will get managed thru HQ's incoming call routes. just set your destination to the extension the call should route to.

What number are you wanting the remote site to send out? Their DID's or a main number?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office

Thanks AZJeepGirl!

I tried to setup the call route and it shows a warning.
Do I just enter the extension and ignor the not found error? The extensions are not loaded on the HQ Switch so they are not in the drop down list.

I would like it to send out their DID's.

Andy

Yes, it will shows those errors, (ie no user, short code etc) Just ignore that part. So long as you can call between sites, it will work just fine.

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office

But how do I control the DID's for the outgoing calls over the VoIP link?

Also will the incoming call route work to a hunt group at the remote site?

Thanks Again,
Andy

In order to provide outbound CLID you will need to create some shortcodes on the IP Line on the HQ System.

N; NsXXXXXXE
9N; NsXXXXXXE
1N; NsXXXXXXE

Thanks all, It works!
There is only one small issue.
When a user goes to dial they used to hit 9 and get a dialtone but with this setup they do not.
Is there a setting that will make that happen?

I put the shortcode that selects the outgoing line group id under the user shortcode rather then replace the system shortcode.

If you are using 3.2 and below you want a short code of
Short Code: 9
Telephone: .
Action: Secondary Dialtone

For 4.0 and above if you use ARS you want
Short Code: 9N (NO SEMICOLON)
Telephone: N
Action: Dial
Line: ARS Table

Then within ARS
Short Code: N;
Telephone: 9N
Action: Dial
Line: IP Line to main HQ
and so on.

If you include the ; in the 9N short code you will not get secondary dial tone as the system is waiting the default dial delay time before resolving the short code.

Something to note. With many providers in the US it is not possible to transmit a DID that is not associated to the trunk. This is typical of most integrated or dynamic PRI/T1 circuits and almost all SIP delivered PRI/T1 circuits (basically anything going through an IAD). If you are going to use this method often you want to check with the provider on the ability to transmit non facility associated numbers on outbound calls.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

Thanks everybody, I now have it all working except 1 part.
I need to set it up so that someone calling in on a DID at the corporate office can be routed to a Hunt Group at the remote site. It works for normal phone extensions but not when I enter the hunt group extension as a destination on the incoming call route.

Any thoughts?

you need to add short codes for hunt groups. they are not updated as part of the SCN information.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Unless you have advanced networking license and turn on "advertise group" in the hunt group. It will announce the hunt group over SCN

The license will also enable remote hot desking.

Chris
ACA- Implement IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back