Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need advice on transferring Goldmine 6.70.50123 to new machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozz13

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2012
US
Hoping for some help and thanks in advance for any provided, I'm in a pickle.

I installed Goldmine onto a new hard drive installed with a fresh copy of Windows 7 about a year ago. Everything went well. Lately I've had some issue with the computer crashing, the OS seems corrupted. I want to reinstall the Goldmine back onto this machine. In the past I would zip it and then extract to the original directory.

Wanting to make sure the database was intact before installing I put on my laptop and found the last records to be over a year old. I checked my other machine and found the dbase files located: C:\Program Files (x86)\GoldMine\Common to be last updated over a year ago as well.

Is there a way you can suggest that I can take the Goldmine program and transfer it intact? I must be doing it improperly..

Thanks.

Before answering this post, I would suggest that you answer our questions in Doug Castells forum on the same matter.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Apologize for posting more than once. I'd actually posted this and then found the other. I've answered the questions. I'm a little desperate as I don't know how long I've got before this HD fails or the OS (whichever is the issue) completely crashed and I lose all.

Please consider this closed. Working on solution with some nice fellows at another forum. Hopefully we'll have it figured out soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back