Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need advice for Comfort Noise settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcfarlandrew

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2014
US
Currently having issues with audio completely cutting out when any audio is picked up by microphone, especially with Music On Hold. I have adjusted the various VCM setting, but have made the issue more prominent. Any advice for best practice would be much appreciated. These are the current settings:

Echo Return Loss (db): 3 db
Nonlinear Processor Mode: Adaptive
NLP Comfort noise Attenuation: -3 db
NLP Comfort Noise Ceiling: -30 db

Thank you for your quick response amriddle. However the issue happens when your are on hold with an external line. The only way to clearly hear the music on hold for instance, is to mute the phone that your calling from/to on the outside line(e.g. cell phone, cordless etc.)

What type of phones and what firmware is it on?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I believe it is the settings in IP Office, not the handsets. Once you take them out of the equation, the issue is still present.

Does the same happen on normal calls?

BAZINGA!

Then i think it is normal as i also noticed this recently.
The point is that the phones have a duplex speakerphone but i think it is been done by the software.
On the first releases of the firmware there was no duplex speakerphone.
So i guess this is normal behavior for MOH.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back