Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Access port still need/use IVR ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

one234

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2003
GB
Hello All,

I've been struggling to get a good answer to the following question:

If I need Access ports for user menu's do I still need IVR ports? Since Access ports can play announcements too...

If I don't need Access ports IVR ports are easier to setup, but still... Why use IVR ports if you can use Access for all messaging to callers?

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

No, you do not have to have IVR ports if you have enough Access Channels to support all of your needs. When used as a menu, Access Channels will be a one-to-one. If used with GIVE BROADCAST, then you can support multiple callers per Channel.

To me, IVR ports are just wasted channels on the CallPilot. ACCESS ports are much more efficient in a busy contact center.

The only advantage I see with IVR ports is where you want a RAN to start immediately. ACCESS ports can be somewhat delayed when using GIVE BROADCAST depending on the length of the messages and the Broadcast Voice Port Wait Timer setting.

Also having both IVR and ACCESS channels reduces the pool of available channels for each and therefore makes it more difficult to manage traffic.

Thx for the replay's.

Just like I was thinking. I always only program Access ports. Even if they don't use menu's.

We don't use broadcast announcements. Only one-to-one announcements. And dividing the pool seems weird since I only have (for this customer) 6 channels available for CC7...

Good to know that more people think the same way.

Thx guys.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back