Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a project for C

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakiyabhai

Technical User
Jun 3, 2002
IN
hi ,

i have just finished my basic C course which includes pointers ,arrays, functions , structures , loops , basics function.

I m requried to make a project , and I have run out of ideas on wat to do , my class mates have done programs like factorial,prmie no. ,trigonmetric stuff , expontentinal , fibbonaccy series, matrices are all take, and i don't have any idea , so can u suggest me something within the scope of my knowledge on a good C project , i just need a idea on wat to do

I don't any hardcore project just basic idea for a program , i dont' want a program which inclues a simple forumla implementaion and the result , something a bit complex but no So complex

What about a program that tokenize strings ?
Let say that you have the following string:
char *string = "I need an idea for a project.";

Now,all you need to do is to create a function that will
break this string into tokens.
If you consiser that the delimiters are: ' ' and '.',once you have tokenize
the string and also put it in an array you would have something like:

char Token[7][10] = {0};

Token[0] = "I";
Token[1] = "need";
Token[2] = "an";
Token[3] = "idea";
Token[4] = "for";
Token[5] = "a";
Token[6] = "project"

good luck !

Try input a number in digits and print it in Roman Numerals, German, English and French.

Roman numerals: don't go over 3999. The notation is strange after 3999.

German is easier than English in that there are lots of ands (und).

English is slightly more difficult as the ands have strange rules.

French is mind bogglingly difficult with their et and hyphens, when you add an s and when you don't and everything goes crazy after 60.

How about a rudimentary text to html conversion tool?
That would be a decent project.

hey thanx a lot guy

Leibnitz , your idea is alreay taken :D (wow , it's popular), hehehe

xwb , i will try roman no. , now lemme search how they actually look like , hehehe

marsd - bad luck again , your is done too ,

thanx

more ideaz required ...

Roman numerals 1-10
I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X

10-100 I=X, V=L, X=C i.e. 40 is XL
100-1000 I=C, V=D, X=M i.e. 400 is CD

For all other numbers just group them together. For instance 1234 is MCCXXXIV

The problem is there are different representations for 5000 so your max is 3999 (MMM CM XC IX).

Just do a search for roman numerals on Google for more info.

How about a:
Simple tcp echo server?
A tic-tac-toe game?
A rudimentary subnet calculator?

I recently had to add routines to one program for converting strings back and forth from longs (unsigned and signed), ints, and floats (sheesh, the floats were fun.... been WAY too long since I've dealt with those).
Also made a generic DATA union type that can be anything from a string to a float, int, or long with a class wrapper for readable output.

"The reward of patience is patience"
-St. Augustine

hi pakiyabhai ,
try to implement simple linked list with all operations as deletion, addition, insertion ....

cheers,
sanjay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back