Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a network card driver for my ME???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RookieDBO

Technical User
Sep 20, 2001
CA
I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me where I can find a a generic network card driver. However, I do not know what my network card brand is. I just bought a "used" pc as is. I formatted it and installed ME and everything works well except for the network card. I tried the generic version in ME but it didn't work. ME does not have the driver for it. It's an on board device. I know for sure it works. I just don't have the correct driver for it. Help!!!

Thanks,
RookieDBO

Thanks for the suggestion. I modified the registry as Microsoft suggested but that didn't solve my problem. I guess I'll have to buy a separate netword card and install it. Will it work? If I disable the onboard and have the new one active.

Thanks,
RookieDBO

We have had this problem with various parts and cards we had aquired. By looking at the card, see if there are any visible numbers or words on it, do an advanced search in Yahoo, altavista or google, or whatever your preference is. You might be able to determine more information. As far as drivers, if you happen upon the type of card, try their web site or drivers.com.

SG

Look on the mother board near where the network cable would plug in, there should be a name on the chip for the network interface.
If that does not help, if you know the manufacturer of the pc then get the serial number. Most manufacturers have a list of the drivers necessary for each model and if you have the SN, you should be able to do a search on that and find out what nick card it is and look for a driver for windows ME.
[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back