Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a little help with my WebSite 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

avinsinanan

Programmer
Jul 14, 2002
TT
Hello I am slowly creating my website and I have ran into some problems.
This is the site:

Now as you can see I have put a lot of work into it. And I have been trying really really hard with Flash.

The problem is..lets say you press the "PC(Clones)" button.
The movie associated with that button will be loaded onto the main page. But the movie is only one scene amd very small. However on a slow internet connection it may take a minute to load. How to I create a message saying "the Movie is being Loaded".

Casue if no message is shown the person might think it isn't working. Now I have tried preloaders but the tutorials are for huge movies with more than oe scene. This movie only have one FRAME!!! its so small!!!

What do I do?

Any suggestions?

Yours Respectfully
Avin Sinanan

Are you loading it in an empty holder clip or on another level? Regards,

new.gif

you can add a beginning frame to it that in the frame's actions says:

if(_framesloaded>=_totalframes)
{
gotoAndPlay(2);
}
else
{
gotoAndPlay(1);
} - JGD -

When one doesn't answer questions... One gets no or incomplete answers! Regards,

oldman3.gif

Ok... sorry I didn't amswer the questions.. I now got up...

Ok it is a seperate swf file and it is being loaded on level one.

Yours Respectfully
Avin Sinanan

Ok! To make it simple, add a scene in your "to be loaded"
movie, rename it preload, and make sure it's the first scene in the scene order. 3 action keyframes on an actions layer.

Frame 1:

if (_root.getBytesLoaded() >= _root.getBytesTotal()){
gotoAndStop("Scene 1", 1);
}

This frame is only to prevent a flash frame of the preloader on a refresh or a subsequent visit to your site.
Replace "Scene 1" by the name of your first scene if you've renamed it.

Frame 2:

if (_root.getBytesLoaded() >= _root.getBytesTotal()){
gotoAndStop("Scene 1", 1);
}

Replace "Scene 1" by the name of your first scene if you've renamed it.

Frame 3:

gotoAndPlay(2);

That's the preloader! It will work but as is, won't display anything! Add a second layer, where you can eventually add animations or text displays. For now select the first frame and type a static text centered on stage, something like "LOADING". Now select that frame and holding the mouse button down, drag it so that it's on frame 2, and frame 1 is clear of any text. You can then either leave the whole thing like that, or you can select frame 2 and press shift F5 once to delete the text on frame 3. Thus the word "LOADING" will flicker while your preloader is working.

Get this working, and you can then add all sorts of displays or animations on frame 2 & 3, to suit your needs.
Regards,

oldman3.gif

nice footer old man..
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back