Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a free site to download mysql 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

reycons

Instructor
Mar 29, 2008
PH
-1st, I've been new to mysql. I need a site wherein I can download a free MySQL application.

-2nd, How can I connect MySql as a database to my Visual Basic Appplication?

Pls. kindly tell me the procedures.

Thanks in advance....

A. Only mysql.com has mysql for download. Mysql is open source so its basically free for download. Its the usage you give it that may cause you to need to pay for a license. read the EULA agreement in mysql.com for more info.

B. To connect to a Vb application you would need an ODBC driver. Also available from the mysql.com website.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

1st Yup I already downloaded MySQL Server in my computer. The MySQL already working. I can create now a database in MySQl Server.

I already downloaded a connector which is the MySQl Connector/ODBC 3.51

The only problem now is the procedure on how to connect MySQl Server to my VB application....

Pls... Help Im almost there....

Thanks in advance.....

Create the ODBC data source using odbcad32.exe to be a system DSN and then connect as you would any other database from the VB, have a look at for details of the format.
For the VB specific stuff post in the VB forum.
Just out of interest , how do you think you would do it ?

Thanks to ingresman (IS/IT--Management)--------------

I can now save data using MySQL Server..

I browse the site he gaves me and I use it as the connection string that has been there and its working..

Thanks....

Thanks also to vacunita (Programmer)......

Thanks a lot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back