Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need A Driver, ILLUSIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diano455

Technical User
Feb 3, 2010
GB
I have a sitecom Model No: WL-608 v1 001
: 54G Wireless USB Adapter

Based on Realtek RT2870 - it uses this sys/inf etc, but I think its tweaked in some way (maybe)

Its a USB wireless dongle 5cm x 3cm with a USB connector that has no sheild, just the inner connector - it's meant to be like this.

I have the driver CD but it;s battered and I cant get the Win98/95 utility or anything of any use for a win98 machine.

I've tried manual install of every driver I can find for this card, the manufacturers website does not have the utility available to download (as far as I can tell)

So I need a driver or some way to fool the computer into running the win2000 utility and seeing if it works.

Thanks for any help I'm really stuck.

a w2k wdm driver might work with 98(se), for 95 afik no chance

M. Knorr

MCSE, MCTS, MCSA, CCNA

I'm using Windows ME, being the newest OS that will run acceptably on this MMX system -
I'm going to get the CD "re-covered" see if it works but I;ll look for the wdm driver in the meantime.
---

I have the win 2000 drivers, stripped out of the utility -
WinME "this file contains no info about your hardware" -

So how do I put my device ID into the driver , you can probably tell I don't really know what I'm doing...

Thanks -

PS they do have the 3.1/95/98/se/me drivers, they're on the disk - no idea why not on the site or anywhere else.

---------

Bit more light on the "situation" -

I have a "modern" (rofl) system that will run both my wifi cards (simultaneously ;-) - the other system is - non USB A/T system - I put a USB card in, it works! - so need the driver for the USB dongle that i'm plugging into that. - I'd use my real wifi CARD in the AT but it keeps coming up with memory parity errors or equally heavy bluescreens.

Once I have this AT "browser" working I get my real PC to myself again!!!

I've emailed sitecom asking for drivers... see what happens.

If you could please point me in the direction of the WDM drivers if they exist that would be super helpful.

Thanks/regards

Another thought - if this machine is just for playing, why not try one of the many Linux distros. You might find better hardware support for older stuff that way.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

trying the utility now, i can use windows 95 with the driversw if they work, fingers crossed.

The pc only has 48MB ram so win2000 is pretty much using swap file as 60% of the memory... SLOW!

48Mb is a problem for W2K to run well. My oc'd 200MMX's run 192, 256, and 384Mb. Puppy Linux is the only decent choice I've found for a linux distro on any of 'em. DSL runs fine but just doesn't do much.

Anyway, good luck recovering the 9x drivers off that cd. Let us know if you get away with it.

Skip

couldn't get the drivers off the CD only 30% was readable, I might buy another card, use the drivers and take the card back unopened ;-) .
I've almost given up on this PC anyway... think I'll just end up buying something more suitable.

Thanks for the help though, much appreciated, I think the CD recovery tool will come in handy sometime though.

A shot in the dark. I've only used it once to recover an Office 2000 SBE cd and it worked that one time.

Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back