Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a Crystal Reports Scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

MColeman

Programmer
Sep 23, 2002
We are trying to find a scheduler for Crystal reports.
So far, the ones we have evaluated will not process
data range parameters or multiple value parameters
correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

For a list of 3rd-party tools that can schedule Crystal Reports, see the "Report Managers" listed by Ken Hamady at:
My "Visual CUT" software supports any combination of range and/or multiple value parameters in scheduled or interactive processing of Crystal reports.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

CRD and the CrystalDesk products are exactly two products which do NOT handle the date range and multiple-value parameters correctly.

I'd be happy to let you test-drive "Visual CUT".
It takes care of the special handling necessary to store and reuse any combination of range and/or multi-valued parameters.

The only limitation is that Visual CUT doesn't support more than 8 parameters in a single report. Each multi-valued parameter however can contain as many values as you need.

There are also other Crystal reports scheduling tools listed at:
Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Thanks, Ido.

Actually, MColeman is a colleague of mine and posted this at about the same time I posted a similar query to another part of Tek-Tips yesterday. So I think I'll just horn in into this thread. :)

I don't know if the 8-parm limitation is going to bother us or not. I'll have to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back