Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need A Crystal Enterprise 9 Security Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardPrewitt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2002
US
Im looking for a tool that can give me a list of which people have rights, access, etc to which folders and reports

Basically, its easy to find out which users have access to any given folder or report but it takes a tremendous amount of time to figure out which reports, folders, etc any certain user or group has access to.

Is there any tools or suggestions that could help me get this information without looking at every folder and report's rights tab?

I would appreciate any help that you could provide.

Look at the BOE XI code I posted in

thread782-1219816 ..

You can probably adapt that for your use in V9..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Ok so basically, I can take the code at the end of the topic you suggested, enter my information and it should bring back my security settings. Can I just save it as an HTML document and open it from there?

The code ( the blue parts) is an ASP page( not .html)...edit it to add your specifications for aps, user, pass and save it to your web server...Use something like the URL(s) shown to specify a folder ID, or modify the code to show them all ( if a large system, get get slow)..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back