Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a crpe automation example using ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pluck

Programmer
Apr 26, 2003
US
I use the crpe automation object all the time when connecting natively against access db's. But now I need to use ODBC.

I am positive I have the dsn's set up correctly. I make the initial connection ok but when I run the report (no parameters) I get the 'can not open sql server' message. So it has to be in the vb code. I know the dsn is set up correctly since I can run the report via the designer. Everything is on my developemnt box. BTW - if I use the crystl32.ocx I have absolutely no problems with the same report when using ODBC. The only reason I have to convert this app to crpe is, my boss wants me to stop using the crystl32.ocx, says it is too fat.

Does anyone have a simple little vb app that connects via odbc and runs a report? I do not need anything fancy.

pluckon@carolina.rr.com

Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot - I will check out today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back