Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a copy of OTM and Call Pilot Application Builder 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
If any of you have caught my other posts, I've been trying to manage a series of Nortel systems that I "inherited" after we purchased another company. Since I'm an Avaya/Cisco guy, I'm still trying to get my head around Nortel.

I need a copy of Nortel OTM for my Meridian systems and a copy of Call Pilot Application Builder for my CP systems (or whatever the CP utility is that allows browser-based access). I'm stuck because Nortel won't let me access their software database because I first have to purchase a contract with them. The company we purchased never had contracts, and I don't have the $$$ to purchase any.

Anyone know where I can get "free" copies? :) (I'm running XP by the way...)

OTM is a licensed product and won't be free to anyone.

App Builder should be on one of the CDs for Callpilot. If you don't have those, you could call a local vendor and see if they will get you a copy.

You will probably not get anywhere with the app builder on the CD as the system SHOULD have been patched and the older app builder will not work.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

OTM I can't help you with although I do have the latest greatest app builder but it sounds like you want Call Pilot Manager which to connect to that all you need to do is put the ip address of the Call Pilot in the I.E URL for example 192.12.6.1/cpmgr but you will still need admin access which if you dont already have I can't help you there sorry. Let me know if you want the app builder though.

rain78 - Thank you very much! I didn't realize I had to suffix the IP address with /cpmgr. I did that and it worked wonderful.

So a question - What does App Builder allow me to do with a Call Pilot system?

Just gotta get my hands on OTM...

Even if you could get the software for OTM/TM you would need a security dongle and I don't see how you will get that for free.

Thanks 1Rita1 - I didn't realize there was a dongle involved. Guess I'll be using HyperTerminal! :)

App builder is where you build your menus for your phone system - "Hi thank you for calling ABC, for Sales press 1, for complaints press 2, etc..."

You can set day controls and time controls to direct calls based on time of day and date and, as I recently found in my other thread, do all kinds of fancy things with call treatments. You can set recorded messages for informational purposes ("Press 3 for our hours of operation" "For known issues, press 5")

Lots of fun stuff - I have no idea what the Avaya equivalent is. I'm half an idiot and I learned enough to keep my job though, so you should be fine. ;o)

=======================================
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself." Cool Hand Luke

LeeMcCauslin: LOL! I'm 1/2 an idiot myself, so I know how you feel! With Avaya, all that stuff is built into the voice-mail system - though it's not pretty web-enabled like the Nortel is. Sounds like I'll need a copy of Application Builder.

So Lee (or rain78), how does one get his hands on a copy of App Builder?

Does the site you inherited already have an OTM server? If so, you should be able to access it as well with the IP.
If it doesn't have an OTM server, not sure your going to get far, as mentioned the server needs a security dongle.

Am I correct in thinking if he has CP manager (he said he could web into it) then he probably has the disc for App Builder lying around somewhere? I though my App Builder came with my Call Pilot installation....but it has been a while. It may even be on a machine somewhere already - especially if he does have an OTM machine...

=======================================
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself." Cool Hand Luke

pbxn - One of the sites I administer already has an OTM "server" (a Dell workstation) that I can use, but I have to use a VNC connection. Since its nearlly a 1000 miles away, the latency makes the connection kinda choppy. The workstation is a single point of failure. Furthermore, it has 2 NIC's - one of which is used to admin the Call Pilot and OTM because they are on their own "internal" network with non-routeable IP's.

Lee - I've got people on the hunt for the App Builder disc, but so far no one can find it.

Have you tried using RDP to hit the OTM server? Do a search for console RDP session. It should give you a cmd line with mstsc or something close to that. that will give you console access to that server, and depending on your network, probably much quicker than VNC>
CP and OTM both should have 2 nics, 1 for ELAN (nortel net) and 1 for CLAN (your network). As far as their own internal network, you can spilt both the CLAN and ELAN on 1 Cisco switch, so long as the ELAN side does NOT allow broadcast.

Here's the command I was referring to. Just go Start, run, then paste this in.

mstsc -v:servername /F -console

pbxn - Good call on the CLAN/ELAN networks. I wasn't aware of that. You just saved me from some pain.

All - I think I found a copy of App Builder located on the OTM workstation I've been using. I've got to run to a meeting now, but I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

All - The copy of App Builder I found is legit. Kinda neat - I like the graphical interface. One question - How does one save off an auto-attendant to a network drive? I tried "Save As", but it didn't let me pick my Windows location. Do I need to type in the file path, or do I need to choose File > Export?

My experience with app builder is it stores on the cp server. I tried vnc to connect with my otm server but had better luck with remote desktop.

You save the application to the CallPilot server. There is no other choice. You can print the application from the client machine so you have a written recotd. The only way to backup the application is to do an Application Archive or a full system backup on the callpilot server.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Most of the software is available on nortel.com. If you register and have a legit site to register to you can download the software. The only thing I have not been able to download is Contact Center.

Remote Desktop in console mode has always worked for me. If you have XP SP3 it changed to mstsc /admin instead of mstsc /console.

tnphoneman - Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for.

BrokenRecord2: That's my problem - I don't have legit site ID's for any of this stuff. Furthermore, Nortel won't talk to me unless I have a contract through them or with an authroized reseller...and that's not gonna happen for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back