Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a bit of help 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuterBD

Programmer
Jul 2, 2008
US
I was recently hired on to a company that sells IP Office systems. The way they want me to learn is by giving me the in house demo unit and saying "here, learn it". I've been given a list of different things to program but have run into a bit of a trouble. I've made it through about half of the list so far but could use some help if possible. I've tried to ask for some help but my boss told me to find the answer "somewhere else". Someone else in my company sent me here, so here I am =)

Here is the rest of the list:

1) Build bridge call appearance keys on extension 301 so that is may answer/make calls on extension 303's call appearances (I tried to figure this out but cannot get it to do what I want).

2) Build a button on extension 302 so that is can tell when extension 303 is on the phone (sounds easy, but I'm not sure which option this is as I'm not familiar with the terminology).

3) Build hunt group nymber 400. Set it to ring all phones. After 20 seconds if nobody answers, send it to an automated attendant which will give the caller the options to dail and extension number, spell by name, or leave a general message. (I have built he hunt group and the auto attendant but I'm not sure how to link the two together so that after 20 seconds group 400 sends to the attendant).

4) Build a second hunt group (401) and call it paging. Add paging buttons to all IP phones using this page group. (I've built the group, but I don't know what a paging group is suppose to do).

5) Build analog trunk (line) 1 for outgoing and incoming calls. Set so that when a call rings on like 1 it rings group 400. This can be tested by dialing extension 311 from our in-house system. (I have no clue what this means).

6) Create a shortcode *60 to activate night mode on hunt group 400. Build *61 to take the group out of night mode. (I can make the short codes, I'm just not sure how to get them to do what I need them to do).

7) Make a seperate attendant for night mode with a different greeting (I can create the attendant, just not sure how to link everything up again).

I know that is a lot of stuff, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I was given this project yesterday and told to have it done by today because I'll have to present it tomorrow (yikes!).

#1 i would use bridged appearances. Under button programming. Make sure can not be intruded is unchecked on the users.

#2 Add a user button.

#6 use a set-hunt night button with the data as 400.
THose are the easy ones to answer. I will try and ans the rest when i have more time

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

You have a lot of questions, it's better to follow an Avaya installation course.

Here is a link that can help you a lot.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

Thank you for the quick replies so far! I really appreciate the help, I'll take a look through this installation course and see if I can find out some information too.

Are you running VMPro?
What version are you using?
-VMPro
-Manager
-IPO
-ect

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

Yes, we are running VMPro with the latest versions of Manager and IPO. It's a demo unit for potential clients so we keep it up to date and have a bunch of different licenses for it.

Insist on some proper training.

As most people here will tel you the sites with the most problems are usualy the ones put in by someone who was self taught.

If you want to give your cust a quality solution you need to start with the right foundations.
once they are in place asking here is a good way to build

#3 use a leave mail action from a group start point in VM Pro (check the VM Pro example doc from avaya for furhter assistance)

3. Create a module with the same name as the hunt group.

Set the voicemail answer time to 20 seconds

or

In VMPro add the group and select the leave option (build the aa here) then when it goes to voicemail it will goto the AA

4. Paging group will page all phones within the group

Action: Advanced -> Dial -> Dial Paging.

Action Data: User number or name or group number or name or blank for number entry when pressed.

voiceondata

7 is similar to 3

create a group called night (with no users in it and vmail turned on) and add to the fallback tab on your "day" group then using your night service buttons you can change the group into night service

then once again on vmpro create a group start point using night and then create your auto attendant

voiceondata

Use the help function when you need it
It will help alot
It is the best one i know
I use it when i need to know something

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Great, thanks for the help guys!

The only last small issue I'm having is that when I put the system into night mode it will go to the night group but when the AA picks up it just plays the day greeting still. I have made an AA for night mode in the VM Pro Client and named it "Night" and the hunt group is named "Night" but they don't seem to be associating.

Look at route by call status in VM Pro. That way it will check if the target group is in day or night and you can make it do what you need it to.

No mater how it gets there, when the IPO send to VM it will always be for the target group

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Tlpeters recomendation of the help files deserves a star, they are so often overlooked.

I use them continuously as a quick refrence guide. especialy for features that are rarely used.

May i suggest you do some self help here and log on to Avaya-learning.com, register yourself or if your company is already registered as a partenr then they should be able to add you and do the online courses where possible and then the installation courses.

Also you have a demo kit and in the Knowledgbase you will find sample examples and excercises that will also help you answer the VMPRO stuff.

The use of a condition editor in VMPRO will resolve the night service issues. Again there is an excercise for this within the VMPRO tutorials.

Remeber with the IP Office and VMPRO it is target driven so point a call at something and it will respond.

Above all do the courses becasue as IPGuru says self taught installs are not the greatest to work on as often although they work they may not be set up as well as they could be.

MAKE THE CASE TO YOUR BOSS YOU NEED TO DO THE INSTALLATION COURSE THIS WILL BE QUICKER FOR HIM AND YOU!!

tnlcom:
Are you on commission to get people on courses. That is 2 posts tonight you have said things like that.

Not that I am against training you understand.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

No, not commission just stating the obvious really!

Just adding my considerable experience to the Forum :)

I ask questions of you guys and I like to give a little back as well. If I had more time I would answer more but your right, last night I probably got stuck on the same record a little!

>last night I probably got stuck on the same record a little!

Yes, but it is a good track! and never gets old either

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back