Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a background program that hits enter key every 10 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingvar

Programmer
Jan 19, 2001
CA
Help, I need a program that will run in the background and will simulate an enter keypress every ten seconds, but it has to be in the current window, Say in an inbox for an email that will check every ten secs for a new email.

Just a long shot, but ... have you tried the timer function?

ciaran
ciaranr@albany.jrc.net.au

Ingvar, I made a little program that does exactly that. All you have to do is type in "{enter}" and "10" to make it simulate the enter key every ten seconds. Its an exe I call WinRepeater, so if you want me to send it to you, e-mail me at crrrazydan@yahoo.com

Or you could use add a Timer, set the interval to 1min (about the maximum interval) add a counter inside the Timer_Timer event and when that timer hits 10 you use the SendKeys "{enter}" to send the enter key to the app that has focus. Be sure to reset the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back