Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need 3COM Coreswitch 9000 Password Clear Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

techmike

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
We have received a lot of 3com 9000 Coreswitches and are having trouble clearing the passwords on them. Using FORCE/FORCE did not return desired results.

The message "Non-Volatile...Invalid" was returned, but on reset the password was not cleared.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Hi !

Still I got similar probs ...

I´ve an 3com Superstack II 9300 2-LX/10-SX (3C93011) SWITCH.

My Problem is: I could not login to reconfigure. My pal is walk out around the world and the 3com-support is over, because the machine was bought from 2001, and it´s to old since registration (just 2-year-free-support-help).
They gave me the offer to pay lot of money for help me here. - No thanks ! I haven´t !

Here are all my tried backdoors w/o effect (used serial-console):

adm/(none)
admin/synnet
admin/admin
admin/(blank)
admin/nopass
debug/synnet
write/synnet

... always "incorrect password" !
--------------
and:

root/(blank)
root/manger
security/(blank)
security/security
manager/manager
recover/recover
tech/tech
monitor/monitor
3comcso/RIP000
force/force

... always ".. is not a valid access level"

and here is NO reset-button on my machine ...

Maybe anyone got a quick idea ?! The delivered handbooks (the customer+admin handbooks) have no details for this case...

Does anyone have any idea or answer ?!

Greetings,

Phil (cloonie)

Since this original post, we have figured out out to log in. Using FORCE and FORCE does work, however, with only one supervisor engine card installed. It does not work with 2 sup engine's plugged in simultaneously.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back