Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need 2 lines on an Excel Chart Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvanderw

Technical User
Aug 13, 2003
US
Hey all,
I am using a cell reference to populate the title of a chart (='Call Data'!$F$1:$F$2). This grabs the type of data from one cell and the client name from the other cell. I want to have each show up on its own line in the title but am unsure of how to do this. Essentially I want to say ='Call Data'!$F$1 "RETURN" 'Call Data'!$F$2 so that "RETURN" is the syntax for a carriage return.
Thanks for the help.
Josh

Hi,

In a cell, type the title as you want to see it with multiple lines.

Activate the chart, select the Title, in the Formula Bar enter

=

and then select the cell containing your title and hit [Enter]

VOLA!

Skip,
[sub]
[red]Be advised:[/red] [glasses]
Alcohol and Calculus do not mix!
If you drink, don't derive! [tongue][/sub]

Skip,
This solution won't work because I am using an Access DB to populate the Excel document with on clients info, copying the document to the server with that clients name, then repeating for all other clients. The client name is changed each time the document is updated. If the chart title and client name was entered as you described, one client's name would appear on all documents.
Do you have any other ideas???
Thanks,
Josh

Are you creating the charts via a macro?

John

Every generalization is false, including this one.
-Unknown

Not if the CELL containing your title references the data that is changing. If Title line 1 is in E1 and Title line 2 is in E2 and Title line 3 is in E3,then
[tt]
=E1&CHAR(10)&E2&CHAR(10)&E3
[/tt]
AND format cells/alignment wrap text.

Skip,
[sub]
[red]Be advised:[/red] [glasses]
Alcohol and Calculus do not mix!
If you drink, don't derive! [tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search