Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need 1 extension to ring without MerlinMail picking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

noirster

Programmer
Nov 17, 2003
US
We have a Merlin Legend R7 w/ Merlin Mail as VMS. Everything else is working properly. I just need to program one extension so that when outside callers transfer to this extension, it would ring continuously until someone has to physically pick-up NOT voicemail. This extension is coming out of the 012 Module.

Right now, this extension is not in the coverage group and AA will direct outside calls to Operator when this extension is dialed.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

I think what's happening is the Extension is in the VM COVER Group, but doesn't have a MAIL BOX in the 007.

Thus, the answer is, take it out of the VM Cover Group.

Or perhaps the auto attendant transfers to the extension, which rings enough times without answer and then be redirected to the Operator?

merlinman, i specifically left all the 012 extensions out of the coverage group. should i be able to transfer to an extension that's not covered by the calling group?

TouchToneTommy, AA doesn't seems to transfer to that Extension. The first ring after transfer is at the Operator.

Oh, one note is that I don't have a phone at this extension. It's connected to a PA system which is supposed to broadcast the ringing out to a speaker. When I do an internal call to this extension, I can hear the ringings fine!

I appreciate your expertise, guys.

Have you created a mailbox for the extension with a Class of Service of 20? This is needed to be able to transfer to it from the auto attendant.

touchtonetommy, the extension i'm using is 6700 off the 012 w/ ringer module. i create a mailbox w/ COS 20 for it like you said. and i tried both w/ 6700 in the coverage group and not in the coverage group, the transfer still goes to the operator from outside call. i also tried to create a mailbox for another extension of the 408 module w/ COS 20. but that one bounces back to the mailbox after 3-4 rings w/o answer on that extension with it being covered. when it's not being covered, it rings at the extension 3-4 times and then continues to ring at that extension and the operator. is there anything different w/ the 012 module?

thanks

Hi noirster,
The transfer return timer will bring the call back after the set number of rings. The operator extension is the transfer return location in your case. You can extend the ringing time by assigning cover extensions (phantom, use adjunct extensions on the MLX cards). The call will still come back after x number of rings depending on system settings.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back