Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Necessary Study

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodo

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
US
I'm studying to take the IZO-007 exam. However, I originally had the Oracle OCP Introduction to Oracle 9i: SQL Exam Guide, but it had a lot of obvious mistakes. Now, I've purchased the OCA/OCP Introduction to 9i SQL Study Guide by Sybex and this book has mistakes also, but it seems so much harder and trickier than the Oracle book.

Anyway, is the test straight forward or are there a lot of tricky questions. I have a good understanding of the way Oracle works, and I've been working with it for about 2 years. However, I haven't memorized everything, I use my books for reference for more complicated statements. It just seems that you have to memorize every little detail to pass the exam.

Can someone give me any tips or study suggestions before I lose my mind?? (-:

jodom
LUCK - WHERE PREPARATION MEETS OPPORTUNITY!!

Hi Jodom,

You can get the ILT,Testking practice tests, STS(self test software practice tests and other practice tests for this exam in the yahoogroups site.

You can benifit a lot from this site. I have been preparing for the test and got the sybex book.

Since you have been working with oracle it is a plus.
Hope this information will help u prepare for the test.
All the best
Thanks

Jodo

You are more experienced than me but I've recently had a similar dilemma. Studying for 1z0-001 had both the Oracle Press and Sybex books. Sybex went into certain topics in a lot more depth than Oracle press and I feared I was never going to ready. In the end decided to rigidly use Oracle Press and top up with the alternative viewpoint of Sybex. This proved more than adequate for me to pass the exam. I might just have been lucky but I was failing the Sybex practice exams by 10% yet passed the real thing with about 5% extra. The only thing I would say about Oracle press is their practice exams are too easy to accurately reflect the score you'll get in the real thing.

Cto1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back