Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC2000IPS ISDN30 incoming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RV482

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2014
PH
Hi!

Our NEAX2000IPS has a major issue on the ISDN, this started when all the analog phone cannot be called (fast busy is heard when dialling any analog extension) except for the DTERM8s (digital is normal) but the normal dial tone is hear and can place an outside call. We decided to reset the system thru the button the the CP24 and all went normal except for the ISDN, we can only place a call but not receive any (incoming callers only hear fast busy tones).

We were monitoring the 2 (two) cards PN-4RSTB and PN-DTA, no red leds are seen when idle, when we place a call, the BL on the PN-DTA flashes and succesfuly connects the call, this is the same with the incoming call but fast busy can only be heard from an outside caller.

On the 4RSTB, the OPE2 and 3 flashes then stops. This is synchronized with BL on the PN-DTA.

Any thoughts on this?

THANKS!!!

Call your PRI provider and ask them to reset their circuit. I had the same issue a few times. A circuit reset fixed it.

Hi

I would also consider a complete power down, because if power is kept to the ISDN30 cable, the BT equipment may not reset. If you do a complete power down (or pull out the DTA card and push back in), you might find resolution?

ProAction Networks

NEC Phone System Forums:

Thank you very much for the info!

Actually we've also involved the provider and they provided an ISDN system straight to there modem and works perfectly.

We've also maid a power down reset and pulled out the cards (pn-4rstb and PN-DTA) but it sill remained the same.

Also created a new cable (might have some loose connections inside) but with the same reaction.

Is there any way the application/program was affected by the analog line incident?

Again Thanks!

Not likely. It's times like this where a PRI tester is invaluable. Maybe your vendor or telco provider has one and can hook it to the phone system side for testing.

Ok so I will take a long shot on this, It is possible that the system is in night mode (the system often recovers to night mode when it has been powered down)! You firs need to check the mode your system is in and then check what the programming is in Cmd 76XX for your indial range as this could well be the issue!

Thank you for the input guys!! I very much appreciate the assistance and suggestion.

I'll be checking on these and try asking our partners for an ISDN tester and check the system's mode.

I'll let you know the results... again ... Thanks!!! :D

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, everything check out, night mode, CMD76XX and night mode, with the same issue, no incoming, only outgoing.

We've installed a 2 year old .ofd file (which was also loaded before and worked). But the same results.

We've managed to ask briefly from a tech engineer and advised us that the PN-DTA is defective, but with a hanging question that why is there still an outgoing call.

Can this happened? selected Channel breakdown?

Thanks for the patience :D

Have you checked that the system is set to receive the correct number of digits in cmd 35?

Hi OzzieGeorge,

We've managed to upload a an old .ofd which actually worked a few years back but with the same results.

Also removed the PN-DTA card and managed to request from another partner to check it in another site with the same configuration but with the same result.

I was advised that you cannot just change a PN-DTA or swap it to another system even with the same pin codes are copied, there has to be a procedure e.g. initialize the card or reprogram the table.

Is this feasible?

Thanks again!

Things are different here in OZ. ISDN is enabled as standard so no licensing issues. The thing about the DTA card is that it replaced a number of other cards but the functioning of the card is based on the firmware it is loaded with and that may be the reason you were told that you cannot just change the card for another DTA.

HI!

The NEC guy managed to change the PN-DTA replacement card, he said it's and E1 coz of the 4RSTB... anyway, any thoughts on the below situation:

After the card replacment, incoming call was activated, but no outgoing service, after a fraction of an hour, the incoming didn't work and only outgoing was usable (back to square one).

The NEC guy checked all parameters, as far as I know, and said that all is set. Can this be a Telco and PABX digit transmit/ receive issue? Do we have to notify the carrier of the digits they're sending?

Mind Boggling..

Thanks!

So the firmware on the card was wrong as I said, it was possible it could be. As for it not working now, get the tech who changed it back as he hasn't done the job completely! Hopefully he didn't take the old card with him as that is yours and you can sell it to recoup costs! Just remember to sell it listed as E1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back