Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Zen Axis MAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

btnz

Technical User
Aug 9, 2004
NZ
Hello

My office has an NEC Zen Axis PBX phone system (here in New Zealand). Yes it's a old phone system but it still works fine and I have found the Installation manual on the internet and found that the PBX can do some things that have bugged us for years. What I think I need is the Zen Axis IPK MAT to allow me to re-configure the Zen Axis in our office. I have tried a few NEC Vendors but no one seems to have the software. Are there any kind souls out there on the internet that know where I can find this software?

Thanks

Peter

Hi There,
The Zen Axis is not that old, 2000 to 2003 on the NZ Market

Do not use the IPK Mat(causes to many software bugs/issues on the Zen keyphone plate form). Use Zen Mat, there were software versions 1 to 6 for the Zen CPU. You need at least the same version or higher to program with plus a MIFM card put in the system (optional card required for SMDR, UCD ETC)

Yes some of those vendors can be a pain to deal with.

Let me know if you require any more info, I work on Zen, Nec 2400 SDS, IVS & IPS all the time as my normal day time job.

Regards,

Mitelsx2000

We already have a MIF M card in the system. The board number is MIF M U1 3. So I assume that I am running a rev 3 board?

If I could get a copy of the Zen Mat that would be fantastic.

If you could e-mail me at bartender at myrealbox dot com then that would be fantastic.

Many thanks

Peter

I also have a MIF M card in my system that is also an NEC Xen Axis I have purchased the software, but really it does almost nothing useful. I would also be interested in any advice re- software and if I could get the appropriate MAT software that would be a bonus. Cheers
pmgnz

I have managed to track down the software for the Zen Axis (ZEN MAT) and the Zen IPK (which is what our phone system was upgraded to) which is the IPK MAT software.

Also if you have a Voice Mail unit in your system then getting CoSession is required. All of the software works on XP (even though CoSession is designed for Win95).

If you want the ZEN IPK / ZEN MAT / CoSession software I could put a link to it in my personal profile.

Thanks btnz thaqt would be very helpful. If I could get the software some of my problems would go away.

I have put the IPK MAT (for IPK NEC phone systems) On my links page, if you need the ZEN MAT (For ZEN Axis NEC phone systems) then I can add the link to that as well.
I also added the link to DESI which is the phone labeling software (you can download the latest Support pack from once you have the older version installed). And CoSession 7 which is needed if you have the ZEN Mail Voice Mail system in your PBX. For direct connection to the PBX you need a straight through serial cable, if it's an Axis you need a DB25 Serial Male plug to plug into the Axis (you need to take the cover off to get to the serial port), the IPK's thankfully now have a DB9 on the side of the box.
For ZenMail / Voice mail you need a serial Crossover cable to plug into the ZenMail card, it's a whole 386 on a single board running ZenMail which is a DOS based app. I suggest that you rip the drive out and Ghost it in case the drive dies (something I do every now and again).

BTNZ - I would be very keen to get the Zen Mat software ... the ipk software may not perform quite as well as the zen on the zen platform even though they say it will. So if you could post that it would be very appreciated.

Done, I have updated the link to include the IPK MAT and the ZEN MAT.
Be sure to backup everything before you start, since I won't be held responsible if you break your own phone system. :)
The online docs in the MAT are ok so I hope you can figure out what you are wanting to do. There are also lots of docs online for the NEC Electra PBX based out of the US. This is functionally very similar to the ZEN/IPK Series of phone systems.
If you need further help you can e-mail me and I will help you the best I can even though I am not a NEC Tech and only figured out what I was doing through Trial and error (hence the reason for backup!:)

Any of you guys still reading this post??

I am having similar problems. The NEC dealer in my location is a joke. I have been trying to locate a programming manual for a multiline handset but if i could get ahold of the MAT that would be awesome (always easier from a computer)
The links in BTNZ's profile are all dead at the moment...
Can anyone help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back