Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC user manuals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I went to looking for some good ol user guides for the various phones (DTU-Elite etc) and admin guides and only some IPK In mail guide was to be found under Key systems.

Where are all the user guides these days?

I see NEAX 2000 not listed either.

Is their an Archive site?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Yes I know that, I am wondering what happened and where they went.
I was an NEC tech with access once and knew the downloads site very well, in fact I started this NEC forum and curious to what happened as they used to be available or is it that NEC decided not to allow for it?.
Sometime you want to guide a client to the manufacturers download site.

Thanks

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I actually reproduced the userguides for the IVS, IVS2 and IPS in an excel program that automatically dials into the system (you have to supply some details) and it downloads all the feature access codes and fills in the userguide for you. Then with a double sided print, it folds into a four page booklet. However I have never released it as most people are wary of excel spreadsheets with Macros in them!

I used to have a version that worked with a direct connection but I lost that version when I changed jobs and I've never got round to re-modifying the version that I still have.

NEC has removed most all of the older stuff off of the website. Even the old manuals and user guides in NTAC are gone.

Ozzie,

I would love to get a copy of the files you developed. Would it be possible to post them or send me a link>

Thanks,

Darren

If I knew how to link them I would and unfortunately this site doesn't allow direct contact! You could try contacting R4+Z on the PABX info NEC forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back