Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Topaz Auto Attendant Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansime

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2015
GB
I'm wondering if somebody can help us with an NEC Topaz Auto Attendant issue please.
A small local school has been using their NEC Topaz system for many years without any issues. Over the summer holiday break, something has occurred to stop Auto Attendant working.
When somebody phones the main number, the receptionist can now answer the call. The call can then be manually put through to an internal extension. If the person on that extension isn't available, the voicemail kicks in and the caller can leave a message.
I'm not a PBX guy, but I've done a lot of reading up on this... Without final success. Their system has a VRS card installed and this seems to all be working on the grounds that the voicemail recording/retrieval etc is all working.
The issue is that they no longer have the Auto Attendant press 1 for reception, press 2 for accounts, etc etc. This leads me to think that the Auto Attendant has been accidentally switched off on their main number (although, to be honest, this is best guess).
I will be very grateful for any guidance on whether I'm on the right track and if there is a way to simply enable, but not re-program the Auto Attendant please.

Many thanks all
DS

kindly check if the welcome message exists?

1.press speaker
2.Press 716
3.press 5
4.it will ask for the message number(3digit message number)
then it will play the message.

or may be system is gone to night mode, change it to day mode.

Thank you soaressteevan

I've now followed those steps and I can confirm that the original correct recordings are still in place, so that is good news I think.

I'll be very grateful for any further guidance on re-enabling the auto attendant.

Thank you again, your response is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back